Image Map

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Banana Bread French Toast

I can't believe that it's been months since I shared a breakfast recipe!


I know exactly who is to blame, Boyfriend.  Okay, and me.  The guy I live with doesn't really care for breakfast and we usually spend our weekends at the Starbucks downtown.  Or the Panera around the corner.  Or if we're in a hurry, the Dunkin' Donuts two minutes from our apartment.  Rarely do I spend a Saturday morning frying up eggs, flipping pancakes and pouring tall glasses of orange juice.


The one positive with not having a job right now is being able to enjoy a delicious breakfast on a Tuesday morning!  Sure, I ate this French toast by myself while watching Charmed and sitting on the couch in my PJs, but that doesn't bother me!  At some point in the day I managed to take a shower and put on some real pants.  Then I had a second serving of French toast for lunch.


As long as I am unemployed, I think I'll enjoy making myself fancy breakfasts!




Banana Bread French Toast

This French toast reminds me of my gram, she used to put coconut in her banana bread.  This French toast is so rich, you will only need to have a single slice to be happy.  Cook up the entire loaf of banana bread if you're having a whole bunch of people over for brunch.

3 large eggs
1/2 cup whole milk
Dash of cinnamon
1 cup shredded sweetened coconut
6 slices banana bread (about 1/2-inch thick)

In a pie dish, beat together eggs, milk and cinnamon.  Place shredded coconut in another pie dish.  Set a griddle over medium heat.

Working one piece at a time, dunk a slice of banana bread into the egg mixture.  Let sit for 5 seconds and then flip over and let sit for another 5 seconds.  Transfer bread slice to the coconut dish, gently press down then flip over.  Press once more to set the coconut onto the bread.  Transfer to the preheated griddle.  Complete the process with the remaining bread slices.  Cook each slice for 3 minutes on each side.  Serve hot with syrup or vanilla ice cream.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails