Image Map

Saturday, March 9, 2013

Wilde Week #7

1. MetroMint Water is my new favorite drink to bring to the gym.  When I try to describe it to people as water with a hint of mint, and chocolate, they think it sounds gross.  But it's not!  It's so refreshing.  The chocolate mint water doesn't really taste too much like chocolate, I swear it's not that strange.



2. My new favorite show is Funny or Dies - Billy on the Street.  While randoming flipping through channels (as men so often do), Boyfriend happened upon FUSE network and Billy Eichner.  Last week he ran around the streets of New York offering people prizes if they could guess their price.  If they guessed wrong, he smashed the prize on the ground.  Wonderful, crazy, fun.

3. Our new office dress code was recently put on the company portal and I decided to sit down and read through it, you know, to see if I'm blatantly ignoring it or not. Apparently the company is quashing all of my plans to be super cool at work. Here are some of the awesome things I'm not supposed to wear to the office...
- Leather pants (there go my dreams)
- spaghetti strap tops (although considering we all use space heaters year round in our office, I'm not too sad about this one)
- Sweatpants (feeling like not changing out of your pjs today? Too bad! Put on some real pants!)
- T-shirts with cartoon characters on the front (what about the back?)
- Work boots (it's a good thing I threw out my timberlands in the ninth grade)

So really, they seem pretty reasonable for a casual work environment, but seriously, no leather pants? Way to destroy my dreams work, way to go.

4. I ran a lot of columns this week at work.  All my fellow chemist friends will understand the pain and suffering involved in running columns.  Luckily I have a robot that runs them for me, but there is still a lot of rotovapping involved.



5. Apparently no one likes to go to the NJ Devils hockey games.  This was a bonus for BF because he was able to score two tickets for less money than we paid on parking and food.  That's right.  Two tickets for $30.  We weren't even in the top deck!  Personally I can do without all that hockey being played on the ice (though I am totally impressed with their ability to skate backwards), I attend sporting events for the food.  Specifially, the nachos.  Oh yeah, salty, cheesey and delicious. 


6. This necklace is totally adorable and it's on its way to my apartment as I type this! Hoot hoot!

7. And the Nail polish of the week?  "Baker Street" from nails inc, LONDON.  Or as I like to call it - TARDIS blue.  (I get almost all of my nail polishes at Sephora)


8. I'm loving these Lucky Charms treats.  I didn't get fancy marshmallow-laden cereal that often when I was little.  After I moved away from home, I was free to buy all the terrible cereal that I wanted and I wanted marshmallows shaped like stars!  Nothing could be better than coating the cereal in marshmallow and dunking them in white chocolate, yum.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Leave them here!

Related Posts with Thumbnails